7 Holiday Energy Saving Tips
We can barely believe that the winter season is here already. As we prepare for colder temperatures here is a quick list put together by Fortis BC of 7 holiday energy-saving tips! For more energy tips check out their website.
1. Clean or replace your furnace’s filter to keep it running efficiently.
How to video here
2. Use your natural gas fireplace to heat only the rooms you’re using.
3. Install a programmable thermostat and you’ll never worry about forgetting to turn down the heat again.
We highly recommend the Nest Thermostat, find out more here
4. Keep the heat in by caulking and weatherstripping exterior doors and windows.
Here is an informative video by the Homeowner Protection Office on sealants
5. Hosting a big dinner? Before guests arrive, lower the thermostat—body heat will more than make up for it.
6. Run your dishwasher only when full, use the energy-saving cycle and let dishes air dry.
7. Install water-efficient shower heads and faucets. They can help cut down on water use.
For more information about maintaining your home, please view the Diverse Home Owner’s Manual here.